So, do you trust? Completely? Or is there a little voice inside of you that doesn’t allow you to step in, at least not totally? Do you fear that others will mislead or betray you? Somewhere along the way you learned not to trust. Yet most, and maybe even all, distrust is a projection of yourself.
Do you trust your God?
Do you trust that God will always be there and never let you down? When you’re on your deathbed, will you trust completely, peacefully let go, and journey into the next world with a loving and unconditional God? Or is there a little (or big) part of you that doesn’t trust and is scared…afraid that the promise of your God won’t happen?
Do you trust Mother Earth?
Do you trust Mother Earth will keep providing for you? That food, water, shelter, and an environment that keeps you safe, comfortable and protected will remain stable? Or, is there a part of you that doesn’t trust that Mother Earth will sustain you and yours forever? That believes global warming and environmental changes are a result of human selfishness. And now you don’t trust that Mother Earth can recover?
Do you trust your Government?
Do you trust that your Government has your best interest as its top priority? That its officials are truly serving ALL people…as they were elected to do? Or, do you find yourself paranoid of your government? That you are not safe, and they will not protect you? That they are targeting you with their selfish agendas?
Do you trust other Countries and Cultures?
Do you trust that other countries and cultures see you as their friend and ally? Do you trust that they want to understand your truth, your culture, your God? Or, are you paranoid that they don’t like you? That they are out to get you? That they want to attack, dominate and take over your country and your culture?
Do you trust your Family?
Do you trust that your family loves you unconditionally? That you could do nothing that would result in them leaving or abandoning you? That they’ll always accept you? Or is there a part of you that’s paranoid that your place in the family is conditional? That they will reject and abandon you if you let them down or fall out of line with their values?
Do you trust your Partner?
Do you trust that you can be 100% genuine and honest and you will be loved anyway? That you can be fragile and vulnerable and still be supported? That you can have honest conflict and not be rejected? Or is there a part of you that’s paranoid that he or she is going to leave you? That they’ll see that you don’t feel worthy of their love? That if they really knew everything about you, they would reject you?
Do you trust Yourself?
Do you trust that you love yourself unconditionally? That you will never betray yourself? That you will always be honest with yourself? That you will always make the best decisions and pick the right people to create more love and happiness in your life? Do you trust that? Or, are you fearful? That your mind will deceive you into making choices that will betray your heart? That you’ll make decisions that will ultimately create pain?
What if your fears and lack of trust were all coming from self-judgment, projection and your own lack of inner trust?
- With your God, do you project how you haven’t been here for yourself and are blaming him? Do you project the lack of faith that you have in yourself?
- With Mother Nature, are you projecting the guilt you have for misusing, abusing and taking for granted your own body, mind, and spirit?
- With your Government, are you projecting the loss of control and victimization you feel about the lack of focus on your own selfish interests…your agenda?
- With Other Countries and Cultures, are you projecting your own fear and essentially discriminating out of lack of understanding?
- With your Family, have you abandoned and judged parts of them for not being loyal to your beliefs and values? Do you place conditions on them?
- With your Partner, can he or she tell you anything without judgment? Have you ever been dishonest in your relationship…ever? Have you abandoned your partner by not showing up and being present?
- And lastly, Yourself. Have you ever betrayed, discounted or ignored your intuition…your heart’s message? Do you ever abandon or reject yourself, by disassociating, through addiction, or by being inauthentic?
This awareness is crucial to trusting.
Distrust and paranoia are your fearful ego trying to protect you from being vulnerable and getting hurt.
Consider the questions above and then ask yourself, “What would happen if I trusted and stepped in?” Then ask, “What will happen if I stay here and remain guarded?”
Good thing I know you. You’re going to step in because you’re a truth-seeker and you’re finding your way. You’re learning to listen to your heart again and you’re accepting who you are. I’ll end with two things that I trust: That you’ll find your way and that I’m right.